The Cold War Museum (Bunker 42) is a military museum and entertainment complex located in a former military classified facility known as USSR -Alternate Command Centre of Long-Range Aviation GO 42. The underground bunker is 60 m deep and located near Taganskaya Metro Station, disguised under a building which contains a reinforced concrete shell, and covering an area of 7,000 m2. Construction began in 1951 at the time of nuclear war tensions between the USSR and the USA. In the 1960s the bunker was equipped to withstand a nuclear attack. In the 70s it was due to be refurbished and modernised, but this project was never completed due to lack of funding. In 1995 the bunker was totally declassified and in 2006 was sold to a private owner. It is now open to the public as a museum and entertainment venue.